I did find a few recipes which were good. There was a recipe with anardhana seeds for sweet potato kofta with gravy.
I thought I will try the kofta alone and add a few bits to make it a little different. So here comes "Sweet Potato Bites with Anardhana".
|Anardhana Flavoured Sweet Potato Patties|
For the patties:
Sweet potato : 2 medium.
Paneer [grated]: 6 tbsp.
Ginger : 1/2 inch piece.
Green chillies : 2.
Cumin powder: 1 tsp.
Nutmeg powder: 2 pinches.
Pottu kadalai powder [roasted channa dhal]: 2 tbsp.
Anardhana seeds [powdered]: 2 tsp.
Salt: to taste.
Coriander leaves [chopped]: 1 tbsp.
Bread crumbs :as required.
Oil : as required for frying.
|Yogurt seasoned with Anardhana Seeds.|
1. Peel the sweet potatoes, chop them to medium size pieces and boil them for 8-10 mins. Pat them dry and keep aside.
2. Grind the ginger and chillies together.
3. In a bowl add the paneer, ginger chilli paste and the rest of the ingredients along with the sweet potato and mix well. Check for salt.
4. Make them into small patties and coat them with bread crumbs.
5. Rest them in the fridge for 30 mins to firm them up.
6. In a shallow pan add a bit of oil and shallow fry the patties until golden on both sides. Take care when turning them as they will break quite easily.
7. Serve them with a sour chutney
I have served it with date and tamarind chutney and yogurt seasoned with anardhana seed powder. The combination of sweet, sour and spicy tastes is wonderful.
"Cooking With Seeds" is an event started by Priya of Priya's Easy n Tasty Recipes and guest hosted by Jayasri of samayalarai-cookingisdivine.blogspot.com. for the month of Nov.
Scribbled by Reva.